Friday, May 15, 2009

Anu Agrawal on Enigmatic Love

Thank you very much for a copy of your book of poems.I complement you on this wonderful work. I would just say that the moment I received it, I felt like talking to all my dear friends. This book touches the heart.

I think these poems are coming straight from your internal churning - i can understand because being born an Indian, we are given certain instructions throughout life which are quite different and rather in opposition to what we feel as youngsters

I think the basis for love should be our indian culture specific but the cement for a relationship has to be mutual attraction.

This is because the ultimate truth of life, as far as I understand it, is that we all love ourselves the most. Therefore, a relationship based purely on Indian tradition may not be sustainable.

- Anu Aggrawal, Nagaland, India
Alumnus Harvard University

No comments: